INTRODUCTION TO KKRDB
By amendment to the constitution of India, Article 371(j) was created by the UPA Government in 2013 due to the efforts of the Union Minister for Railways Dr. Mallikarjun Kharge, than the M.P and the KKRDB was set up by the KKRDB order 2013 on 06/11/2013 by the state government under the chief Minister Sri. Siddaramaiah.
The Details of the Board are as follows:
Establishment: The Kalyana Karnataka Region Development Board was established on 06.11.2013.
Jurisdiction: The jurisdiction of the Board is spread over 40 assembly constituencies (after the recent delimitation of constituencies) of Bidar, Bellary, Kalaburagi, Koppal, Raichur and Yadgir districts.
- 1. All the district Incharge ministers of the K.K region will be the member and one of the Ministers Incharge of Districts in the region to be nominated by the state Government as the chairman.
- 2. Eight members of Karnataka Legislative Assembly representing the region for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- 3. Two members of Karnataka Legislative Assembly representing the region for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- 4. One member of Parliament representing a part or whole of the K.K region whose constituencies lie within the jurisdiction of the Board for the period of one year by rotation nominated by state Govt.
- 5. One of the Adhyakshas of the Z.P of Bellary,Bidar ,Kalaburagi, Raichur, Yadgir districts for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- 6. One of the President/Mayor of the Urban Local body coming within the area for a period of one year by rotation as nominated by the state Government.
- 7. Five members nominated by the state Government one each who are expert in following fields,namely:-
- 1) Planning process of state
- 2) Financial Matters and accounts of state
- 3) Irrigation and public works
- 4) Agriculture and Industry and
- 5) Education and Employment
- 8. The Regional Commissioners of Kalaburagi Revenue Region;Ex-Officio Member
- 9. The Secretary to Government incharge of Planning Department; Ex-Officio Member
- 10. The Secretary to Government incharge of Finance; Ex-Officio Member
- 11. The Secretary of the Board ,Member Secretary
Implementation Committee: There shall be an implementation committee consisting of chairman, Secretary of the Board, CEOs of the ZPs, Administrator of the CADAs, the Deputy Commissioners of the 5 districts, heads of departments of Agriculture, Collegiate Education, Animal Husbandry, Health and Family Welfare, Social Welfare, Public Instruction, Forest, Chief Engineers having jurisdiction over Kalyana Karnataka area, Vice Chancellor of Kalaburagi University and such other officers appointed by the State Government.